SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 07.05.2011, 00:27   #1
Sweeneroo
Boot Cleaner

Default Seasons & Time Periods

Hi all

Just out of curiosity, has anything ever been said about time periods of the games.

I mainly ask cos i joined a few weeks before my mates, i convinced them to join and they are getting pretty good, but I still have a significant advantage just cos i joined a few weeks before them

at some point is the game going to reset and everyone going to revert back to a skill rating of 10 or is the game indefinate and in a years time there will be players with ratings of over 1000

sorry if this question has been asked before, im new to the forum
Old 07.05.2011, 00:33   #2
TheTank
Captain

The game will never be reset to make everyone starting at the rating of 10, because I know people who have spent over 150 on this game to be the best. And if it was reset there would be a uproar. The only chance of you and your friends starting all the same would be when a new server comes out and for you to restart on that. But stay on this one for now, with the new league system you always having something to aim for (Going up a league).

I hope this cleared some things up for you.
Old 07.05.2011, 00:42   #3
Sweeneroo
Boot Cleaner

I dont actually want it reset

more curious than anything else
Old 07.05.2011, 01:31   #4
patrick88

one thing i always say to the guys in my team - you don't have to have the highest numbers to be the best

we've turned down players whose overall skill average is 20% better than people we already have in some positions because their actual skill spread wasn't as good - it really does pay to concentrate on the individual skills rather than chasing the rankings

Old 07.05.2011, 01:41   #5
Fatal Jay
Captain

You will probably find that your own progression will start to slow down and they will significantly close the gap on you. You will always be ahead but the gap between you will slowly grow smaller and smaller.
Old 07.05.2011, 06:05   #6
Ze Bertinho
International Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Jay View Post
You will probably find that your own progression will start to slow down and they will significantly close the gap on you. You will always be ahead but the gap between you will slowly grow smaller and smaller.
Growth is on a curve and you have to work progressively harder to raise % points further on. The value of training, for example, halves and then halves again the more you train. There is a degree of catch up in there while you always have those who become inactive - catching and passing them becomes far easier.
Old 23.05.2011, 00:32   #7
PureMadMental14
Bench Warmer

what is the lowest that training goes down to? I'm at 0,25% now but does it go any lower or is that the lowest that anybody is at at the moment?
Coach 50 (50% bonus training opportunity)
Old 23.05.2011, 00:51   #8
MrSam94
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureMadMental14 View Post
what is the lowest that training goes down to? I'm at 0,25% now but does it go any lower or is that the lowest that anybody is at at the moment?
I'm currently on 0.20% per training session on all midfield skills, I've heard it gets even lower to 0.15%, though I'm not sure!
Old 23.05.2011, 01:04   #9
PureMadMental14
Bench Warmer

pfft... gonna take a lot of training to boost your skill level 1% then. What base level did you get .20% at? just so i know how long I've got to go :thumbup:
Coach 50 (50% bonus training opportunity)
Old 23.05.2011, 01:04   #10
Bimbo
Substitute

Yeah, it goes lower... 0.2; 0.15; and now I'm down to 0.10%

Training gets slower and slower, and the motivation to make such small gains is a challenge to say the least!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bimbo For This Useful Post: