SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 01.03.2011, 17:18   #1
KevMan7
Academy Player

Default Domnate items.

Had a quick read of the forum and seen this HAS been suggested before, and the reply was the system would be abused. However, i think ive devised a new twist to this that would make this alot more fair.

Whilst working i happened to find i was awarded with +sprinting shoes. As a midfielder, thats a useless stat to me and instead of having a club member utalise these properly, i had to simply sell it back to the creepy man in the clothes store.

How about, i could donate these to the club (not a member) and it will sit in a "club locker". The team captain (and perhaps honorary members) may set a "price" on clothes.

The "price" may be in either stars or coins (or even both, ie, you may rent for 50 coins OR 1 star) and rental will last for 1 week. This will at least encourage club members to donate their coins or even their precious stars, and in turn they will perform better for the club.

Any thoughts on this? I think this would be the perfect addition to the game, and add something to the community aspect of things

KevMan.

EDIT: Although i misspelled "donate" in the thread title, it does not devalue this idea :x

Last edited by KevMan7; 01.03.2011 at 17:19.
Old 01.03.2011, 17:53   #2
Constable Knocks
Academy Player

Why would you set a "price" on clothes?

If you wanted your team to do better, surely you'd give away the items instead of asking people to fork over cash for them, it seems a bit mercenary if you ask me.

Also, why rental? Wouldn't a better idea be to buy them outright from the club instead of renting them, or at least, rent them for longer than a week.

Lastly, the shop always has new items roughly twice per day, it's very unlikely you'd not get the same, or a better, item in the shop that you can buy outright for yourself.

However, I could understand if a club could give new members items to help them improve quicker, but then you get the issue of if a player then leaves the club, does he then have to give back the items or does he get to keep them?
Old 01.03.2011, 18:06   #3
Jhas
Substitute

An interesting twist.

I agree that renting might be a bit much, but if the pieces belong to the club and cannot be taken from the club then it does reduce the ability to abuse them.

Someone can use the pieces, but cannot sell them for cash.
Old 01.03.2011, 18:14   #4
Constable Knocks
Academy Player

As far as I'm aware, isn't what you sell lower than what you paid for it in the first place?

If a club could "sell" it to a player, then you simply put in a mechnism that pevents the club from selling it lower than what you could sell it for at the market, or make it so that the price they sell it for will be less than what they paid the club for. Thus, preventing re-selling for profit abuse.

Also, from a techincal standpoint, even though I'm no coder, I can imagine it would be difficult to seperate what would be a "personal" item and a "club" item, or make something that would be buggy.

I think you could make it so that the club can buy it's own items (like a club strip) that has abilties leveled on it that are in corelation to the club's ranking and current upgrades (maybe manager? As he would buy the strips), but you'd make it so that only the top two divisons could do this to prevent a flooding of items.

But anyways, I've rambled, so I'll shut up now, I need to do some washing up. : )
Old 01.03.2011, 19:15   #5
KevMan7
Academy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Knocks View Post
Why would you set a "price" on clothes?

If you wanted your team to do better, surely you'd give away the items instead of asking people to fork over cash for them, it seems a bit mercenary if you ask me.

Also, why rental? Wouldn't a better idea be to buy them outright from the club instead of renting them, or at least, rent them for longer than a week.

Lastly, the shop always has new items roughly twice per day, it's very unlikely you'd not get the same, or a better, item in the shop that you can buy outright for yourself.

However, I could understand if a club could give new members items to help them improve quicker, but then you get the issue of if a player then leaves the club, does he then have to give back the items or does he get to keep them?

Its not really mercenary, its simply incentive for people to donate to the club, so they are not letting everyone else do it and still getting the benefits. Price wouldnt be too much for rental tbh, just an added incentive.
Old 01.03.2011, 21:33   #6
DABhand
Bench Warmer

It will never happen one way or another, cause if it was allowed then you would have someone make a team up of multiple clones and then getting his strongest player to send back high level equipment to the other players and so on.
Old 01.03.2011, 21:43   #7
Constable Knocks
Academy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by DABhand View Post
It will never happen one way or another, cause if it was allowed then you would have someone make a team up of multiple clones and then getting his strongest player to send back high level equipment to the other players and so on.
One player, one account.

If they did do this, they would be banned from the game.
Old 01.03.2011, 21:59   #8
Findolphin

Grandpa's stained old sweatpants anyone?
Old 01.03.2011, 22:16   #9
DABhand
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constable Knocks View Post
One player, one account.

If they did do this, they would be banned from the game.
Eventually they would yes, but they can use methods to fool the system unfortunately, and im sure right now there is people doing that anyway. Like have their own team and having clones in the team pumping cash into it.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is a lot.
Old 01.03.2011, 22:21   #10
Constable Knocks
Academy Player

They might be, but the point is all their accounts would be banned and I'm sure so would there IP, if not monitored.

All I'm saying is that they wouldn't gain anything in the long term from abusing the system.

But if they are using a complex systems of proxys and multi's to help them gain an edge in an Online game, which, lets face it, isn't the most imporant thing in the world to invest so much time, energy and resources...then I think that tells you how pathetic they are. I bet they wouldn't even have that much fun doing it anyways.

The bottom line is that Cheaters are always caught and laughed at.