SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > Club Section > S1 UK > Clubhouse

Notices

Clubhouse Mergers, small talk, meet & greet

Old 13.01.2012, 22:16   #841
sinkybhoy
Academy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
fair comment perhaps - and that team will either be ...

a) a newly created team which then has no hope of winning any matches until it drops down a league (or even 2 or 3) with the resultant lack of fame

b) a team that will likely face immediate relegation because they don't get the chance to rack up enough points having not been included since matchday 1

if there is one thing we know for certain about this game , its the amount of simple things that playa can manage to screw up, and with such regularity lol
Old 14.01.2012, 13:15   #842
Mukashi Mukashi
First Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob dee View Post
Well done guys ...you've been a great team for many seasons ... you ( and we ! ) deserve a break
A shame none of the rest of us will be getting one. I was hoping that the remaining players would have spread out to allow a group of fairly equal teams to compete for the title but I should have known better.

Congratulations on getting your new players Rob. It looks like Table Toppers will be the dominant force for the next ten seasons.
Mukashi Mukashi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mukashi Mukashi For This Useful Post:
Old 14.01.2012, 14:26   #843
Gibster
International Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukashi Mukashi View Post
A shame none of the rest of us will be getting one. I was hoping that the remaining players would have spread out to allow a group of fairly equal teams to compete for the title but I should have known better.

Congratulations on getting your new players Rob. It looks like Table Toppers will be the dominant force for the next ten seasons.
Thats football lol
Personal Best Midfielder Rank: 4th.
(SEMI-RETIRED)

(S2) Personal Best Goalkeeper Rank: 1st.
(Gave up already bored)
Gibster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14.01.2012, 14:52   #844
Mukashi Mukashi
First Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibster View Post
Thats football lol
Nope. That is SoccerStar.

In real football you don't get the same team as champion for 10 out of 16 seasons followed by another team immediately gaining complete supremacy over the league.

There were only two reasons why I was continuing here.

1. To use up the stars I bought before the change to the skill system last year.
2. To wait for BraveHearts to disband and hope that this **** becomes a game.

It now looks like there will be little point in staying once my stars have run out.
Mukashi Mukashi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mukashi Mukashi For This Useful Post:
Old 14.01.2012, 16:44   #845
ayotoni

All i can say is Well Done TT for there good work ethic
Not just for getting Some of the BH'S and the rest of there skillful team
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 14.01.2012, 19:35   #846
Keifer74

must admit we had hoped the players would either retire to the lower leagues to pass on the 'knowledge' or spread equally.

Rob certainly hasn't done anything wrong and TT have been a great symbol to other 'new' teams to follow if you put the effort and money in you'll get up there. Just a shame that L1 misses out on the challenge that was there to be enjoyed (doesn't happen much in SS)

While I'm half complaining anyone fancy making FOG and 11 member side? It'll be easy enough for TT without us being handicapped also!
Keifer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14.01.2012, 22:06   #847
sinkybhoy
Academy Player

Quote:
Nope. That is SoccerStar.

In real football you don't get the same team as champion for 10 out of 16 seasons followed by another team immediately gaining complete supremacy over the league.

There were only two reasons why I was continuing here.

1. To use up the stars I bought before the change to the skill system last year.
2. To wait for BraveHearts to disband and hope that this **** becomes a game.

It now looks like there will be little point in staying once my stars have run out.
why, there are plenty other x bravehearts out there, all they ask is a club who have players who are vry active in the chat window , its not too much to ask but it keeps you going and can make it fun , i joined tt as i was already chatting to rob for few weeks previous and in not so many words sort of told him that i would join them after we got the 10 titles at bravehearts, i just think the work rob has put in deserves a title in return, not that anything is guarunteed yet and there is a long long way to go, and only 2 ex bravehearts are here me and obviously deky as he is my son,all i will say is there are players out there, make it fun at times , tell some jokes and have a laugh and see what happens, and remember a season on ss only lasts 17days
Old 15.01.2012, 00:09   #848
patrick88

Quote:
must admit i'd kind of hoped we'd all go out into the wilderness and help clubs in lower leagues - but everyone's free to go whichever way they choose - a few of us are even sitting it out for a while in the lower reaches

that said, it's only been a couple of days - when people start missing it, people might start looking to join up with more serious clubs again

i don't think the words duty or obligation can be used, but it's certainly better for the game as a whole for the better players to try and even the game out across the clubs

but, like tank said a long time ago in reply to that point, if you've put the time and money in, you're surely entitled to want to be at a club with a strong chance of winning

then again, you've only got to look at what happened to tank, nottm, bravehearts to realise that a lack of competitive edge makes it ultimately dull even for the teams that are winning

so what to do?
Old 15.01.2012, 14:55   #849
Ms.G
First Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keifer74 View Post
Rob certainly hasn't done anything wrong and TT have been a great symbol to other 'new' teams to follow if you put the effort and money in you'll get up there.
Any yet they will win season 18 almost solely because of what thry got out of the bankruptcy assets of Tank,Notthm & Breave.

While there is nothing wrong with the players (not playa) decitions,
I wouldn't label "get/join those who already are up there and you will be there to"
a great symbol to follow.
Ms.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15.01.2012, 15:08   #850
MONK
First Team Player

or we could all start again in 5th division as bh and see if we can do it again enjoy the new players ladies and have fun isnt that what a games about????

-john cullen
MONK is offline   Reply With Quote