SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > Club Section > S1 UK > Clubhouse

Notices

Clubhouse Mergers, small talk, meet & greet

Old 15.09.2011, 09:41   #691
matty2465
Substitute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal Jay View Post

For example we at London UFC have been training constantly since early February and we aren't even half your guys skill levels. Sadly money is what wins this game.

OFC that isn't a dig at all, I applaud you guys for putting the money you have into the game, afterall, the rest of us couldn't play if it weren't for you lot... but quite honestly asking someone to fork out that kind of money just to keep pace, let alone catch up is a tad on the unfair side, don't you think?
Quite correct Jay, in many ways! money is what separates the teams in this game.

Any game that chooses to allow players playing for free to "compete" against those who pay is always going to be divided, and there will always be the few players who totally hammer it and sit at the top of the pile purely because of the amount of money they have poured into the game.

Whether that will continue, im not sure, being competitive is one thing but i know many of us have stopped spending money on this game purely out of principle. i haven't spent money on this game for some time now, i just train all i can and refresh my shop when possible.

The only way the game would ever be completely fair is when either:
a) Playa introduce some sort of subscription system for all

or

b) make the game totally free (or cheaper) for all and have lots of adverts to pay for the game.

which one do you think will happen? Correct, neither, because Playa have quite obviously forgotten about us!

On the flip side Jay, you are again right, this game goes on purely because some people do pay to play. Playa don't lay this game on for nothing, they are a business, not a charity.
I'm not endorsing the price they charge for stars, infact, i think it is extortionate what they ask, considering that a large proportion of the players are either really young or students, when you stop and think about what you get for your money, it's not much is it? you basically buy the right to sit at your computer watching a timer tick down all day for longer! When i put things in perspective, i quicky realised that yes this game is fun and i will continue to play it, but keeping my kids fed and my bills paid in real life is more important. I just accept that this game is unfair and that there will always be others out there who take this game more seriously... and of course have more money available to spend on a game that does not even yield a prize!

Yes, this game is addictive, but in the great scheme of things, you could take that tenner and put it on the lottery, or a horse, or a three legged greyhound, you would at least have a chance of getting something back! (i'm not a gambler myself, nor do i endorse it, i'm just making an example)

I appreciate that this is an old, rumbling debate that i try not to get caught up in. The way i see, the only way to get ahead in this game is to spend, survival of the richest, kind of like life sadly isn't it?

Last edited by matty2465; 15.09.2011 at 09:42.
matty2465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15.09.2011, 11:11   #692
patrick88

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty2465 View Post
The only way the game would ever be completely fair is when either:
a) Playa introduce some sort of subscription system for all

or

b) make the game totally free (or cheaper) for all and have lots of adverts to pay for the game.

which one do you think will happen? Correct, neither, because Playa have quite obviously forgotten about us!
only have to take a look at our server - even if there are 25 people out of 1000 who are prepared to put the money in it negates the playing experience of the rest who will never reach the same heights and will therefore automatically playing at a lower level given time

that said, we have to assume the system works very well in germany which is playa's main server concern and subsequently doesn't need a change from playa's point of view - i have a feeling the british server would work adequately if the same model were followed here - i'm assuming the main difference is the amount of advertising that the german server receives
Old 16.09.2011, 22:44   #693
shinan

Talking

Well I dont know if anyone interested in joining us, but we at Shinonians just made it to first league and we looking for new talents to enhance the Team.
As I do understand Tank FC disbanded, thus anyone from them or any other that looking for probably a new challange is welcome to send me a message and discuss it further.
I wont say more, since it will seem that I try to steal players lol, we just happy we are competing at 1st League at the time being
shinan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17.09.2011, 08:51   #694
patrick88

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinan View Post
As I do understand Tank FC disbanded, thus anyone from them or any other that looking for probably a new challange is welcome to send me a message and discuss it further.
the players from tank who are still interested have already found themselves new homes

and i don't think anyone with any brains would ever think of any other team trying to 'steal' players - the in-game message system is there for enquiries to be made - it's up to each individual player to make up their own mind - for any team to try and discourage that freedom is just wrong :ay:
Old 19.09.2011, 20:37   #695
Mukashi Mukashi
First Team Player

Interesting moves over at the two Tank teams today. Looks like it is a game of musical chairs but for the moment their keeper is without a seat... :ar:
Mukashi Mukashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19.09.2011, 21:11   #696
Bishop
Bench Warmer

Location: X marks the spot. It's a BIG X though so I could be anywhere... (",)

You offering to take the chair then Mukashi? :ad:
Don't worry, the keeper will be over soon enough once everything is sorted and everyone has logged back in. It does mean tactics for this season will be a bit hit and miss but I'm sure you'll relish the chance to break some familiar strikers shins at their new home ground :ag:

Now I've got the thankless task of trying to steal back top defender in the squad yet again :glare:
Old 19.09.2011, 21:19   #697
Mukashi Mukashi
First Team Player

Sorry, Fog Squad uses glue on their chairs so I am stuck here. It does make saving the ball a little awkward at times though. :av:

Now your facilities are better than ours you might even be a challenge next season. :bp:
Mukashi Mukashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20.09.2011, 06:27   #698
patrick88

what will be happening to tank juniors?
Old 20.09.2011, 10:16   #699
Ms.G
First Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
what will be happening to tank juniors?
Tank jr. gets throwen to the (Quake3) Arena :bi:
Ms.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20.09.2011, 14:20   #700
patrick88

red machine all but gone from league 1 too - will that be 2 bot teams in the first league soon?

this server is more and more resembling a bunch of shuffling crack addicts, all functioning on motor skills and memory only, hanging around hoping for any last tiny bit of fun from somewhere - even tho the stash has run dry

damn, it's depressing :sad: