SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 11.06.2011, 00:40   #1
gunny
Academy Player

Default tactics

Hey guys this is my first post i thought id join in all the fun you lot are having.
my sugestion is a tactic option for strikers to shoot how they want if the opasition is poor at distance saving why not an option for more long range shots same with the others close and header this game has so much potential but more tactic options are needed.
Old 11.06.2011, 01:30   #2
Mukashi Mukashi
First Team Player

An interesting suggestion but as a keeper I have to say this will probably unbalance the game. Strikers already have an advantage by dumping all their skill into goal shot where keepers have to split their opposing skill 3 ways. If Strikers gain the ability to focus on the keeper's weak spot as well then we may as well just have an open goal.

Playa could find some way to introduce this tactic, but they will also need to give something to the keeper or take something from the Striker to restore balance.

Perhaps allow the Striker to choose the method of goal shot but split the goal shot into 3 skills like the keeper?

Or maybe impose an exhaustion penalty on the Striker for the extra effort of trying to stay in the ideal position for the shooting method? That way the Striker has an advantage early in the game but the keeper gains the advantage later.
Old 11.06.2011, 14:12   #3
gunny
Academy Player

im a keeper myself i thought they could get rid of one option for strikers like passing and split goal shot into 2 close and distance shots
Old 11.06.2011, 16:19   #4
patrick88

lest we forget, the striker is also dependent on the dribbling and sprinting skill

dribbling is supposedly important for getting past a defender if the ball is played in between the opposition midfield and back line - sprinting is supposedly important for high balls to try and get to it before the defender

to say the striker only has to train up the goal shot stat isn't quite the case

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 11.06.2011, 16:22   #5
minimessi7
Legend

Yeah, strikers don't have it easy!!! We have to take on the whole defence without any help from midfield whatsoever, they just wait in the middle of the pitch while we do all the work.
Old 11.06.2011, 17:20   #6
Bishop
Bench Warmer

Location: X marks the spot. It's a BIG X though so I could be anywhere... (",)

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimessi7 View Post
Yeah, strikers don't have it easy!!! We have to take on the whole defence without any help from midfield whatsoever, they just wait in the middle of the pitch while we do all the work.
Pah! Glory seeking Strikers want all the credit for waiting on the line and nudging the ball in :ag:

Actually, if you have a good midfield, in theory at least, your strikers could focus on goal shooting and the hard work could be done by midfield running the ball up. I wouldn't want to try it unless you outclassed the other team though.

I guess it all depends on how tactically aware you are. If you play not only to your individual strengths, but the team's strengths and your opponent's weaknesses :bv:

Personally I'd like to see the inclusion of back passing. Then players with a better passing ability can not only use that to play the ball forward better, but to play it around players and maybe include in this skill the ability to find space so you can be passed to with less chance of interception :eek:
Old 11.06.2011, 17:38   #7
Mukashi Mukashi
First Team Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
to say the striker only has to train up the goal shot stat isn't quite the case
I don't think anyone has said that in this thread unless I missed something.

What is being suggested here though is that strikers keep all the same skills they have now, so are as effective against defenders as they are normally, but also gain the ability to focus on the keeper's weakness. Something else would be needed to restore the balance again.
Old 11.06.2011, 18:49   #8
gunny
Academy Player

keepers could get a command of area stat that boosts team morale or small stat increase for surrounding defenders
Old 11.06.2011, 18:54   #9
minimessi7
Legend

This would definitely have to be small, as this could slightly discourage defenders from logging in because you'd be training for them. Still not a bad idea though, I'm all for a little extra competition .