SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 06.07.2018, 22:26   #1
LMNthe2nd
Captain

Smile SoccerStar on Steam

Hey, so I used to be a pretty active player back on this game a few years ago, and it used to have a decent sized community, however, it started slowly dying due to a severe lack of updates as well as the uncatchable skill levels of higher players... It seems in my absence, this downward trend has continued.

I think there'd be a plethora of ways of making this game better. But I had a suggestion that might be a way to bring in more players, which is arguably a lot more important to the game's longevity right now.

With the success of Playa's other game 'Shakes and Fidget' on Steam, has it been considered to bring SoccerStar to Steam??? I think this could showcase the game to a whole new bunch of players, and it could possibly spark a revival of SoccerStar if enough people started to join and be active.
I think one of the reasons this game hasn't hit the heights that it could have, is because it didn't reach enough people... This could fix that. Especially with the World Cup being fresh in everyone's mind.

At the very least, you are bound to find get some players on the game that you wouldn't have otherwise. I don't think there's a major downside in trying this.

So, in short, has SoccerStar been considered for Steam? And if not, would this not be a worthwhile idea for those in charge of the game?
I think this Game had potential, and maybe it's not too late for it to be a big success. I hope this idea is taken seriously, and at least considered.
Thanks for reading.
LMNthe2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LMNthe2nd For This Useful Post:
Old 09.07.2018, 15:46   #2
Leander
Community Manager

I proposed it some years ago. With a dying player base and the lack of updates it would not be a good idea anymore.

Steam players demand regular updates. If Playa decide to continue developing the game it might become available on Steam in my opinion.

SoccerStar Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Last edited by Leander; 09.07.2018 at 23:31.
Leander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09.07.2018, 20:12   #3
jomancool54
Club Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I proposed it some years ago. With a dying player base and the lack of updates it would not be a good idea anymore.

Steam players demand regular updates. If Playa decide to contine developing the game it might become available on Steam in my opinion.
^^^
Old 10.07.2018, 00:02   #4
Biancoverde
Captain

so as leander said this game will get no update

hahahah ....
Old 10.07.2018, 01:16   #5
LMNthe2nd
Captain

Question

Quote:

Steam players demand regular updates. If Playa decide to continue developing the game it might become available on Steam in my opinion.
Fair enough then, I guess it's not meant to be.
What's keeping this game running at the moment, as in, why hasn't the lack of players and updates lead to its shutdown? Is it still profitable?
LMNthe2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10.07.2018, 23:01   #6
Leander
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biancoverde View Post
so as leander said this game will get no update

hahahah ....
No. Read my text again. There's a difference between my "If Playa decide to continue developing the game" and "If Playa decided to continue developing the game".

The first one means "In case they decide some time later" with the options yes and no whereas "If Playa decided" would mean "definitely no update".

I know there were no updates and the game looks dead but this doesn't mean it won't be revived later on. It doesn't mean there will definitely be an update either...I just do not know at the moment (no official news).

Last edited by Leander; 10.07.2018 at 23:02.
Old 10.07.2018, 23:13   #7
Siul
Boot Cleaner

Quote:
No. Read my text again. There's a difference between my "If Playa decide to continue developing the game" and "If Playa decided to continue developing the game".

The first one means "In case they decide some time later" with the options yes and no whereas "If Playa decided" would mean "definitely no update".

I know there were no updates and the game looks dead but this doesn't mean it won't be revived later on. It doesn't mean there will definitely be an update either...I just do not know at the moment (no official news).
here we have the problem, we are a lot of players that we are tired of wait that playa talk about the future of the game.
Siul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11.07.2018, 18:44   #8
jomancool54
Club Hero

Quote:

When was the last time Playa said to you something important?

When was the last time Playa responded to you??
Old 12.07.2018, 20:05   #9
Leander
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomancool54 View Post
When was the last time Playa said to you something important?

When was the last time Playa responded to you??
All the time. The communication is good but I can't force them to open a new server. The final decision is made by them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Old 12.07.2018, 20:08   #10
Siul
Boot Cleaner

Quote:
All the time. The communication is good but I can't force them to open a new server. The final decision is made by them.
Much of the community is waiting for a new server to return to the game ...
Siul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, revival, soccerstar, steam, world cup