SoccerStar - Supportforum

Go Back   SoccerStar - Supportforum > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 08.12.2011, 02:11   #1
rob dee

Default and now ... ???

For a number of days now ...many of us have been sitting around ...regularly checking our PC's ...eagerly awaiting progress on the solution to the fixture congestion mess which has arisen.

Some are merely waiting for the new season to start: others are waiting for crucial fixtures to be played which may influence promotion or relegation: yet others are merely confused ... or seeing their remaining interest in the game dwindle away day by day through inactivity.

Perhaps misguidedly... we labour under the belief that... somewhere out there ...there are Playa employees working speedily and diligently ( well apparently not 'speedily' ) to resolve this problem ...surely we aren't wrong, are we ???

All of this , of course, is bad for the game and its future ...and provides yet more bad publicity for the company producing the game ( as if more were needed ! ).

Why are we not being given daily ( nay, hourly) updates on the progress (?) being made to resolve this issue ... and I wonder how the company intend to compensate us all for this singular lack of a professional approach to their jobs and their customers ???

Have a good season :thumbup1:

Last edited by rob dee; 08.12.2011 at 13:55.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08.12.2011, 09:09   #2
patrick88

is it all part of a campaign by playa to pish off anyone left still bothering with server 1 in an attempt to get everyone to start again on server 2 with all the resultant buying of stars to build upgrades and boost skiils all over again? probably not but one wonders sometimes

one of the most frustrating things about this game/forum is that there has never been any contact with playa themselves - it is perhaps their biggest sin as far as players are concerned - they are happy for their customers to stump up money to play the game (in all likelihood cumulatively stretching into hundreds of pounds on occasion) but do not even have the common business courtesy of making themselves available to deal with customer complaints

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08.12.2011, 10:32   #3
gruffa
Academy Player

http://www.playagames.com/en/contact

Everyone could allways bombard them with E-Mails till they sort things out....... :-)
Old 08.12.2011, 11:57   #4
dave forey
Boot Cleaner

Pointless, my guess is that unless it's an email from their accountants it'll go straight into junk mail.
They've never listened to us about anything before, can't see them starting now.
Old 08.12.2011, 11:58   #5
rob dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruffa View Post

Everyone could allways bombard them with E-Mails till they sort things out....... :-)
Now ...if we were confident they could read ... it might be worth a try ... but so far, all my emails to them have been stoically ignored ...so either they can't read ...or they can't read English and translation is too much of an effort for them ...or they can read - but simply can't be bothered responding to a customer who has spent a considerable amount on their increasingly dubious product :bu:

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 08.12.2011, 11:58   #6
patrick88

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruffa View Post

i actually contacted them via these details about 5/6 months back - never heard anything of course

Old 08.12.2011, 12:41   #7
lukeb
Bench Warmer

Just out of interest, has playa given any indication as to when these problems will be resolved?
Old 08.12.2011, 13:06   #8
patrick88

leander has suggested the problems will be resolved when the whole system resets at the start of the new season

to me, that suggests whatever problems there are could still happen another time because the code won't have changed - why some leagues have had more problems than others i don't know and isn't really explained why simply by starting a new season

a program can easily include references and calculations based on the actual date but to have code reliant on the date seems very bad programming

Old 08.12.2011, 14:24   #9
Mille

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick88 View Post
leander has suggested the problems will be resolved when the whole system resets at the start of the new season

to me, that suggests whatever problems there are could still happen another time because the code won't have changed - why some leagues have had more problems than others i don't know and isn't really explained why simply by starting a new season

a program can easily include references and calculations based on the actual date but to have code reliant on the date seems very bad programming
Hang in there, the new season recently started at the swedish server and the problems were resovled there, we were moved down to the league 2 though because we had played 24/34 matches while others had play up to 8 more games than us :/.

But i'm sure it'll be resolved when the new season starts!

Old 08.12.2011, 14:40   #10
rob dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille View Post
Hang in there, the new season recently started at the swedish server and the problems were resovled there, we were moved down to the league 2 though because we had played 24/34 matches while others had play up to 8 more games than us :/.

But i'm sure it'll be resolved when the new season starts!
which sounds fine ... and I'm certain is a comment made with the best of intentions ..i.e. .that of assuaging our 'fevered brows' ... but if a team fails to be promoted when they might have been... had they played all their games ...then that is harder to take and smacks of incompetence ... ( am I forgetting it's 'only a game' ??? ).

PS: if my last few postings display a somewhat over-verbose ... even pompous ... style ...I apologise ...please put it down to my recent reading of 'Alan Partridge's' latest book :br:

Last edited by rob dee; 08.12.2011 at 14:42.